Greetings from TechBash 2017!
During yesterday’s keynote featuring Donovan Brown, TechBash Foundation president Jason Gaylord announced that the developer conference will be returning to the Kalahari Resort and Convention Center in Pocono Manor, PA for another year!
TechBash 2018 will be held October 2-5, 2018 with Oct 2nd being a pre-conference day with half/full day workshops. Stay tuned for upcoming announcements about the topics for those workshops because some proposals have already been received. An announcement regarding ticket sale dates will also be coming very soon. Potential speakers can expect a call for presentations to open in the early spring of 2018.
Next year’s attendees can look forward to more family content to be added on the last day or TechBash 2018 based on the demand for this year’s Jewelbots Build session with their CEO, Sara Chipps.
Be sure to follow TechBash on Twitter for all the latest news and sign up on TechBash.com to be informed when tickets go on sale and the CFP opens next spring!
I guess you’d better stop reading and go register! Ok, read this and then go register.
Do you know TechBash? No? Well, how about CodeMash or That Conference? We’re not them, but we know those guys, and they’re awesome. Like those conferences, TechBash is at a Kalahari Resort. This one is in Pocono Manor, PA. It turns out the Poconos are within driving distance for developers in New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, DC and even Boston. That’s a lot of developers! Are you one of them? Yes? Then why haven’t you registered yet? Read on to find out why you should join us next month.
Don’t miss out on all the fun!
The event takes place October 4th-6th. Online booking with Group ID 1145 is only available through the end of the day on Friday, September 8th (that’s today). In addition, rates are currently as low as $139 per night. After today we will no longer be able to guarantee our special low rates or availability. We also have group rates available. Email email@example.com for more details.
Why Should You Attend?
Rather than bore you with the same information you’d find on our website, https://techbash.com, here is our Top 10 reasons:
- We have dozens of World Class speakers many of whom speak at International and National conferences such as Microsoft Build, DevConnections, and VS Live!
- It’s at the Kalahari Resort in the Poconos, home to North America’s Largest Indoor Waterpark at 220,000 square feet. There’s plenty of other activities there too!
- You’ll have 3 days of jam-packed sessions covering the freshest and most relevant content to what you do.
- Our Conference price is only $349, $50 less than last year. Other conferences listed in this email are priced at $1,499 or more for the same amount of session time.
- Like the large conferences, we have an attendee party that is loaded with appetizers and has plenty of drinks. Oh, and we also have a Game Night.
- Attendees have raved about the food quality and selection at our event.
- We’re a family friendly conference with dozens of activities at our venue, including our first session for kids, or within a reasonable drive. Our website has full details.
- Our venue is centrally located in the Poconos within Pennsylvania so it’s a short drive from location. But, if you choose to stay, rooms start at just $139 per night.
- Unlike other conferences, our attendees have tweeted that our conference Wi-Fi may possibly be better than their work Internet connection.
- TechBash has been called the “Best Little Developer Conference“. Aurelia Core Team member, Ashley Grant, says that it’s his “favorite conference in the US!”
Ok, now you can go register. Drop what you’re doing, go talk to your boss or email your boss using our handy email template, and register today! There is so much family fun to be had, including our first session for kids. You should talk to your spouse and bring the whole family!
It all began with TechBash 2016 last September. TechBash is hosted annually at the Kalahari Resort in Pocono Manor, PA. The conference is only 90 minutes from NYC, Northern NJ, and Philadelphia. We bring in experts from around the country (and some from around the world) and fill an agenda with the content that modern developers need to know. This is our second year, happening October 4-6, and the event is shaping up to be even better.
At the time of this writing, we have announced 32 speakers and 47 sessions. Speakers are being contacted and confirmed daily, and we expect to have around 60 sessions at TechBash 2017.
Our discounted rate of $329 for this 3-day event ends soon! After July 21, tickets will increase to the full 2017 rate. Don’t forget to book your room at the Kalahari at our special low rate. After adding 3 hotel nights, you are still under $1,000 for an amazing conference at an awesome venue. Go talk to your boss and get your tickets ASAP!
TechBash is run by the TechBash Foundation, a 501(c)3 Not for Profit organization. It is entirely run by volunteers including myself. We make no money from this event.
Thanks for reading!