Because I was unable to attend MS Build 2017, last week I went to look for a few sessions to watch. I visited the Build 2017 landing page on Channel 9 and there were 458 sessions available for viewing. Where do you start?
If your interests are similar to mine (C#, WPF, UWP, Xamarin, .NET Core, TypeScript, Aurelia), here is a Top 20 list to get you started.
- Day 1 Keynote (Scott Guthrie, Satya Nadella & Harry Shum) – Highlights include Azure, Cognitive Services and Cosmos DB.
- Day 2 Keynote (Joe Belfiore, Terry Myerson & Alex Kipman) – Highlights include Windows 10, .NET Standard 2.0, XAML Standard 1.0, Visual Studio Mobile Center and Xamarin Live Player.
- Three Runtimes, one standard… .NET Standard: All in Visual Studio 2017 (Scott Hunter, Scott Hanselman & Kasey Uhlenhuth)
- Supercharge your debugging in Visual Studio 2017 (Kaycee Anderson)
- Introducing ASP.NET Core 2.0 (Daniel Roth, Scott Hanselman & Maria Naggaga Nakanwagi)
- Visual Studio Mobile Center: Ship mobile apps faster (Thomas Dohmke & Keith Ballinger)
- The future of Visual Studio (Tim Sneath & Amanda Silver)
- Build intelligence into your business apps with ease using Bing APIs in Microsoft Cognitive Services (Ansuman Kar & Brian King)
- Visual Studio for Mac (Miguel de Icaza, Joseph Hill & Kendra Havens)
- Xamarin: The future of mobile app development (Miguel de Icaza & James Montemagno)
- The future of C# (Mads Torgersen & Dustin Campbell)
- Modernize WinForms and WPF apps with maximum code reuse, cross-platform reach, and efficient DevOps (Joshua Weber & Mike Battista)
- Getting started with Aurelia and ASP.NET Core (Rob Eisenberg)
- Never break the build with live unit testing (Manish Jayaswal)
- Why you should use F# (Mads Torgersen & Phillip Carter)
- Simplified app development with plug-ins for Xamarin and Windows (James Montemagno)
- Visual Studio Code: The most useful (and underused) tips and tricks (Wade Anderson)
- Leadership Panel: Women Leaders Standing Out Through Technology (Erin Chapple, Joy Chik, Jacky Wright, Dr. Daniela Braga & Holly Peck)
- Introducing Fluent Design (Paul Gusmorino & Bojana Ostojic)
- Open Q&A: .NET panel (Damian Edwards, Mike Harsh, Scott Hunter, Immo Landwerth & Richard Lander)
Enjoy the sessions! You’ll notice that in order to keep the list down to 20, I did not include any of the excellent Channel 9 interview sessions or pre-recorded sessions. Be sure to go check out some of these as well.
del.icio.us Tags: visual studio,ms build,windows 10,xamarin,uwp,c#,f#,asp.net,.net core,.net standard,xaml standard,vs code,aurelia,wpf,vs mobile center
One thought on “Top 20 Recommended Microsoft Build 2017 Sessions for C# Developers”
In case you would like to download the session videos for offline using, I found this helpful site to generate scripts to do just that: https://dayngo.com/channel9
Comments are closed.